If you’re wondering how to convert OLM files to CSV on Macs, you’ve come to the right place. This is a question that many ask and we’ve taken a closer look at it.
We’ve also discussed some other related information, which you might like. Read ahead.
How Do You Convert OLM to CSV on Mac?
Converting OLM to CSV on Macs is not difficult. You can either do this manually or automatically. If you’re going the latter route, you will have to use special third-party software. Some of the best include the OLM Converter, which we’ve touched on.
Method 1: Use Automatic Software
As mentioned, you can either do the work manually or automatically. When it comes to the automatic route, there are several third-party software available. OLM Contacts Converter is a personal favorite.
With it, all Mac Outlook OLM mail elements would be converted to the CSV format. Some of these mail items include emails, contacts, and calendar information.
Here’s how you use it:
- Go to the OLM File website
- Click on the Download button from the main page
- Install the program and then launch it
- Click on the Browse button on the screen
- Wait for the Open OLM File command to pop-up
- Select your contacts from the OLM file in question
- Tap the Next option
- Choose the CSV format that you want
- Save the change
- Tap the Convert button
Method 2: Use the Manual Method
Instead of using special software, you can import the files manually. It takes some work compared to the above method.
Here’s what you do:
- Import an OLM File onto your Mac Outlook by clicking on the Export menu
- Click the Import/Export button once the data has been imported
- Tap the Export to a File option, and then select Export to confirm
- Click on the Comma Separated Values
- Tap Next
- Click where you want the data to be saved
- Tap the Finish button
How Do You Convert OLM To CSV on Windows?
We thought about covering all bases and discussing what you can do on Windows too. Depending on whether you want to import one or multiple files, the procedure you’ll have to follow would differ.
How Do You Import a Single File?
Importing a single file is easy.
All that you do is:
- Launch Microsoft Outlook
- Go to the Contacts or People section (should be on the bottom of the screen)
- Select the contact that you want to change to CSV
- Head over to the File tab
- Click on Save As to confirm
- You will see a Save As window pop-up. Go through the desired location that you want the converted information to be in, and then select it
- Hit the Save button to confirm the change
Exporting Multiple Contacts
If you’re wondering how to export multiple contacts, you will have to do the following:
- Launch MS Outlook
- Choose the contacts you want to send
- Press the Forward Contact button, which is inside Home
- Choose the As a Business Card button
- You will see a message appear on the screening confirming the contacts that you have selected as the CSV Files
- Right-click on the attachments
- Tap on Select All to confirm
- Click on the Send button to finally convert your Outlook contacts to the CSV format
Now all you need to do is wait for the contacts to be sent to the other email client. The size of the files will affect how long they will take.
Just remember not to convert hundreds of contacts at the same time. Although this could save time, it’s not ideal as it can lead to errors.
Why is the Conversion Taking so Long?
Several users have complained about the conversion process taking long. This is a common issue that even we’ve faced. Most of the time, connecting to a stable internet connection takes care of it.
Converting OLM to CSV On Mac
Converting OLM to CSV on Mac is easy. You can either do this manually or automatically. Use special software if you want to go the latter route. We would recommend the Official Mac OLM to CSV converter. You won’t have to worry about paying, as it’s free.