If you’re using the free version of Avast for Business but come across an error asking you to pay, you’re not alone. The issue is quite common, and we have faced it as well.
The error can appear for several different reasons, which we’ve discussed. We’ve also talked about the best ways to fix it. Read ahead.
How Do You Fix Avast for Business No Longer Free?
As mentioned, there are many reasons why the problem can pop up. Most of the time, isolated glitches and errors are responsible. You can fix the Avast issue by either rebooting your computer, updating your operating system, or restarting the anti-virus app.
We’ve discussed each of these methods in-depth in the section below.
Solution 1: Restart Your Computer
You might be able to fix the issue by restarting your PC. Any minor glitch or bug that’s responsible would be cleared.
We probably don’t need to tell you how to reboot your PC, but we did promise you an in-depth guide. So, here’s what you do:
- Go to the Start menu
- Click on the Power-off icon
- Tap Restart
Wait for your computer to boot-up. Once it does, the error should be gone.
Solution 2: Restart the App
Restarting the anti-virus can also help if you’re dealing with a minor glitch.
All you do is:
- Press and hold the Windows key + the R button to open the Run menu
- Enter the following command – services.msc into the dialog box
- Click Ok to open the Services window
- Go to the Avast Antivirus menu on screen
- Right-click it, and select Properties from the options available
- Tap the Stop button if the status of the service is switched to Started
- Set the Startup Type box to Automatic
- Verify any dialog boxes that might pop-up
- Click the Start button before you leave, bou might face an error. Here’s how you fix it if it pops up:
- Go to the Properties window
- Click on the Log on tab and then on the Browse button
- Select Enter the Object Name to Select box
- Enter your account name
- Click the Check Names button
Solution 3: Update Avast
Using an outdated Avast version can cause the problem. If this is why you’re dealing with the error, you would have been getting update prompts lately.
Here’s how you fix this:
- Go to the notification area on your PC
- Right-click the Avast app icon
- Select the Update option
- Wait for it to check for updates, or click on the Check for Updates button
- Install any application firmware that might be available
Solution 4: Update Windows
Just like you have to update the Anti-virus, you also need to update your OS. You might be dealing with a bug if you’re running an older Windows version.
Fixing this is easy:
- Click on the Start button
- Go to Settings, then Update & Security
- Tap on Windows Update
- Select Check for Updates
- Install any firmware file available
Solution 5: Uninstall and Reinstall Avast
If you’re still dealing with the error, you can try uninstalling and then reinstalling Avast. All of its data would be erased from your computer.
Uninstalling it can take some work. However, here’s what you do:
- Find the Avast app icon on your desktop screen
- Right-click it
- Click Delete
- Head over to the recycle bin
- Find the Avast application
- Right-click it
- Click Delete
Here’s how you re-install the software:
- Go to the official Avast website
- Find the download button on the screen
- Tap on it
- Wait for the app to install
- Launch it
- Set up your account
Hopefully the problem will be solved. If not, we have one more fix for you.
Solution 6: Contact Avast Support
You can try contacting the Avast team. The issue might be due to a bug that they’re yet to fix. There are many ways to contact them as well.
How Do You Fix “Avast for Business No Longer Free” Error?
As you saw in our article, there are many ways to fix the problem. Most of the time, isolated glitches and bugs cause it. Something as simple as rebooting your PC should get rid of it. You can also take things up a notch and contact the Avast team.